Customers who use Cassidy’s for their specialized shipping insist their shipments are treated to the highest level of security and that the information they share with Cassidy’s is protected. Cassidy’s extensive qualifications and comprehensive security policies are designed to give assurance that Cassidy’s treats the security of our specialized customers with the seriousness it demands and deserves.
Safety and Compliance Committee
The Safety and Compliance Committee of Cassidy’s is made up of employees from throughout Cassidy’s along with an outside member with expertise in law enforcement. This committee reviews security threats on a monthly basis to create, implement and enforce security policies that address a broad range of security topics:
- Personnel Security
- Physical Security
- Procedural Security
- Access Controls
- Education, Training and Awareness
- Manifest Procedures
- Conveyance Security
- Threat Awareness
- Document Processing and Controls
- Business Partners and Industry Relationships
Cassidy’s security practices and procedures are reviewed on a regular basis and updated or enhanced as events warrant. The Safety and Compliance Committee solicits anonymous submissions from business partners and employees for all security concerns and these, with periodic self assessments are reviewed and corrective actions are taken as required.
All issues, concerns and remedial actions are documented. Some Customers who use Cassidy’s Specialized Transportation services perform audits on our procedures and policies to ensure compliance. This valuable input is used to further enhance our security regime.
Cassidy’s recognizes that the information we possess about our specialized shipments represents a real and potentially grave security concern. It is a concern we take very seriously.
Specialized Shipping customers are encouraged to contact Cassidy’s using email@example.com. This is a highly restricted email address that has enhanced security access controls over our other email addresses.
Documents and information received by Cassidy’s are classified into one of six levels ranging from “Unclassified” to “Top Secret”. Access to the highest levels of documentations is restricted to employees with the highest levels of employee classification. Document access is restricted by password protected areas of our operating software and physical copies are secured in a locked file room. Drivers are trained not to discuss their duties and protocols.
Cassidy’s operates under principle of “need-to-know” which directs employees to:
- Limit your requests for information to that which you have a genuine need-to-know. You may be expected to explain why you need to know it.
- Refrain from discussing classified information in areas where the discussion may be overheard by persons who do not have a need-to-know the subject of conversation.
- If someone asks you for classified information, you are expected to ensure they are cleared appropriately and have an official need-to-know.
Employees are guided by our Security Breach Reporting Policy. If an employee fails to observe strict document, information and physical controls, The Safety and Compliance Committee will investigate and, if required, apply employee discipline. Personnel are trained to recognize and report suspicious cargo shipments.
Cassidy’s uses the most modern and reliable technology to communicate with its drivers and to track our customers’ shipments.
When you utilize the services of Cassidy’s specialized fleet, you can ask for a username and password that will allow you and your security staff to track your shipment in real-time 24 hours a day. This service contains geo-fencing that will alert you if the shipment deviates from its planned route.
Cassidy’s also utilizes a secondary, hidden, GPS based devise that also records truck position and deviations. Specialized shipping typically utilizes two drivers for better security and to minimize the time your product is on the public highways. Each of these drivers is equipped with a smart phone and each has their own email address. They also carry a personal panic device that will alert authorities if activated.
Communications is not limited to your shipment while enroute. When you use the services of Cassidy’s Specialized Transportation, you will receive a complete shipment information package that includes:
- Detailed Particulars of the Shipment
- Truck and Trailer Information
- License Plate Information for the Units
- Driver Names and Cell Phone Numbers
- Cassidy’s Operations 24 Hour Contact Person Information
- Back-up Cassidy’s Operations 24 Contact Person Information
Before your shipment is loaded, you receive a detailed route schedule that includes information like:
- Times and Dates for Every Moment of the Shipment
- Turn-by-turn Route Directions from Pick-up to Delivery
- Date and Time of Every International, State and Provincial Border Crossing
- Date, Time and Location of Every Stop
- Schedule of Load Checks, Circle Checks, Fueling, Health Breaks and Inspections
- Miles and Times Between Segments
As a customer using Cassidy’s Specialized Transportation, you are notified by email when:
- The Truck Arrives at Origin
- The Truck is Loaded and Leaves Origin
- A Daily Update of the Truck’s Position and Any Deviation from the Route Schedule
- Any Event that Could Lead to a Deviation From the Planned Schedule
- The Truck Arrives at Destination
- The Truck is Discharged from Destination
Cassidy’s also keeps in close contact with law enforcement and border control officials.
When crossing the Canada/U.S. border Cassidy’s sends advance notification to the port with shipment control numbers, shipment details, dates and times. Advance notifications are also sent to states enroute with the dates and times shipments will be in their jurisdiction.
Cassidy’s co-ordinates details with law enforcement people if escorts are required. If inspections are required, Cassidy’s co-ordinates with inspectors and budgets the appropriate time in the route schedule. Sometimes municipalities have their own regulations and Cassidy’s co-ordinates with these officials as well.
Details matter in Specialized Transportation and Cassidy’s constantly strives to ensure no detail is overlooked.