For over 100 years, thousands of families and Canadian corporations large and small have been using the services of Cassidy’s to look after their moving needs.
We take the complexity out of moving employees using our experience and network of national and international partners. It starts when you contact Cassidy’s. Our trained and experienced moving consultants will first take the time to understand your business and provide solutions that:
- Reduce HR Workload
- Establish a Realistic Moving Budget
- Help Establish or Modify, Monitor and Enforce Moving Policies
- Provide Customized Reporting
- Supply Quality Reports
- Standardize Invoices
Our goal to match your professionals with our professionals to come up with a quality driven, cost effective, long term customized moving solutions for all your employee relocations.
Few things disrupt operations at your office like moving. Cassidy’s can help. The key to successful office moving is planning.
From our experience, most companies underestimate the amount of time it takes to plan and execute a successful office move. Sit down with a Cassidy’s professional to establish a timeline for your move. Some important subjects that need to be addressed are:
1. Physical Planning
Well before you move, take steps to be prepared. Believe us; this time will pay big dividends.
- Produce a floor plan of your current space
- Obtain a blueprint of your new office space
- Create a proposed, scale furniture orientation drawing
- Indentify and label the telephone/server room
- Place PC and printers into your drawing
- Place voice and data lines on your drawing
- Look at potential future use when you are designing space and wiring
- Indentify voice and data jack locations on your drawing
- Assign each work station and area a unique identification number
- Get feedback and approval for the new design
- Identify any access challenges or limitations (including times) for moving
Unless you have a small office, you are going to need help. Many organizations try to involve every person in the office in the move whether it’s as simple as packing and labeling their own work area to handling data back-up and dealing with vendors. Many hands make light work! Some suggested teams are:
- Communications Team
This team would be responsible to see that phone lines, fax lines and internet are cancelled and established at the new location. They are responsible for testing to make sure you are ready for business. This team should start early. T1 lines, for example can take two months to become active. All arrangements should be reconfirmed one month and one week before the move.
- Computer/Server Team
This team could be responsible for making sure your servers, PCs and printers are prepared for the move. They should make sure all data is backed up and transported separately to the new location. They have to work with vendors or consultants to ensure the cabling is in place where it’s needed and tested. Printers and phone systems have to be configured for the new space and tested.
- Management Team
The management team should appoint a site supervisor with overall knowledge of how things are going to be arranged; when things are going to happen and who is responsible for the actions. This should also be the person who deals with the movers on moving day to ensure things go where they should. This team should also communicate and deal with employee issues and interface with all venders.
The biggest single thing that can be done to ensure that moving day goes smoothly and disrupts operations the least is careful attention to labeling. Cassidy’s will provide the labels you need to do the job right. Each area and workstation should have a unique number that corresponds with an area and number on your new site plan.
- All workstation items including bins and cartons must be labeled with a unique number
- All common area items must be labeled and number identified
- All computer, network and telephone lines must be labeled and numbered
- Pictures, white boards, plants, filing cabinets… must be labeled
- For large moves, colour coding can be used to further help indentify movements
- Computer, printers, fax machines and other equipment must be labeled
- Anything not moving should be clearly identified or segregated in a closet or separate room
Moving might be the only chance you will ever have to completely clean every surface in your business. Take advantage of this. The day of packing is a good time to do this. This is also the perfect time to take a hard look at the furniture and equipment you are using. Don’t pay to move it if it is not working for you. Before you move:
- Clean electronic items
- Clean all furniture
- Clean all wall hangings and boards
- Clean all kitchen items
- Inventory existing equipment
- Determine what needs to sold, donated or disposed of
- Determine what needs to be replaced
- Complete arrangements for replacement and disposal before moving day
5. Other Considerations
As you progress with your moving plans you will find that many details will pop up requiring your attention. Here are some tips we can suggest to help you deal with these:
- Create a contact list that includes personnel and vendors and their responsibilities
- Have spare cables, keyboards, mice and other small items on hand
- Have a list of phone numbers (including 800 lines) and email addresses to test on moving day
- Make sure Cassidy’ has a copy of the new site plan
Many businesses require the services of a storage company. Why take up expensive office space with rarely used items? Buying consumables in bulk is cheaper but where do you put it? Good used office furniture has little re-sale value but is expensive to replace. Cassidy’s offers inside, temperature controlled storage designed to meet any office need. Online inventory control is also available. Contact Cassidy’s to discuss how you can save money and space storing.
You might save by storing if:
- Records and Files are dated but must be retained
- Library items replaced by electronic versions but must be retained
- You moved from a larger space to a smaller space
- Have furniture and equipment for future use
- Need to unite items for a project
- Are consolidating or downsizing offices
- Buy consumables in bulk
- Print brochures, catalogs or other printed matter in bulk
- You are building an inventory
Relocation Services Canada are a Cassidy’s moving company specialty.
Read some reviews from our Corporate moving and relocation services customers