Nothing makes moving as easy as a Cassidy’s Self Storage Container. In fact, it’s as easy as 1,2,3…
Order Your Container
Contact us and we deliver a weather proof portable storage container to your home or business.
Load It Up
You take as long as necessary to load your goods into the Cassidy’s Self Store and Move Container.
When you are ready, contact us to schedule a delivery to your new location or storage.
Here are some questions we are commonly asked about Cassidy’s Self Storage Containers.
Will my house fit into one shipping container?
Cassidy’s Self Storage Containers are the largest on the market and equal in size to a large rental truck. Our 20’ containers will hold a maximum of 20,000 lbs which should hold the contents of a 2,000 sq.ft. home (often including most of the garage, basement and any outdoor equipment and furniture).
Don’t forget, more than one container can be used if you need the room. If you have a lot of belongings, you may want to contact us to be sure.
What are the shipping containers made of?
Cassidy’s Self Storage Containers are superior to any other moving container on the market – including PODs.
- A heavy galvanized steel frame supports 3/8” think FRP walls.
- The walls have eight flush mounted D rings (to secure your items) manufactured right in.
- Thick “I” beams and cross members support a marine grade plywood floor.
- The steel roof is supported by cross members.
Look at our competitor’s containers and look at ours – then decide what is best for your possessions.
Where do I store my shipping container?
It’s up to you. You can keep the container at your residence if you wish, or you can have your container moved to one of secure compounds. You can access your storage container in our yard during normal business hours with 24 hours notice.
How long can I store in the container?
We recommend storage in a container for relatively short periods. Less than three months is a good guildeline. The storage containers are not climate controlled, and so are susceptible to condensation that naturally occurs when the temperature changes. For long term storage, Cassidy’s offers indoor, temperature-controlled storage.
How do I pay?
You can pay using a Visa, MasterCard or American Express. You’ll be charged for the initial services when the storage container is delivered to your residence. If storage is required for more than one month, your credit card will be charged for each additional month. Any other services will be charged when they are performed.
Do you offer insurance for my belongings?
You are responsible to ensure your belongings are safely packed and secured with your own lock, just like if you rented a truck. Often your homeowner’s policy will provide coverage. We recommend that you check with your insurance provider.
I am moving long distance. Can I use Cassidy’s Self Store and Move Containers?
Cassidy’s Self Store and Move Containers must stay in Ottawa and the Upper Ottawa Valley. If you are moving just outside the areas we serve, it may be possible to arrange for service with an additional mileage charge.
Cassidy’s is partnerned with United Van Lines that has a program called FlexibleMove. This innovative program delivers containers to your door for you to load and then delivers them to your new city, anywhere in Canada for you to unload. If you are moving long distance and want to do it yourself, you need to look at FlexibleMove.
Refund Policy for Self Storage Containers
When making a booking for self storage shipping containers, please beware that all sales are final.
You may cancel your order two days prior to delivery for a full refund.
Self Storage Container Terms and Conditions
While Cassidy’s has designed the Self Storage Containers and the related delivery service to be as easy and convenient as possible, you as the renter needs to be aware of your responsibilities.
- My property is stored at my sole risk and I am required to insure my personal property for its full value against all risks. Cassidy’s Transfer and Storage LTD, its members, partners and affiliates are not responsible for loss or damage to my stored goods.
- I understand that the dates provided for container delivery are my choices and are not confirmed.
- The fee charged online is the basic fee for container delivery and pickup. The full charge will be different from this and will known after confirmation with Cassidy’s Transfer and Storage LTD.
- All unit sizes are approximate.
- Facility features vary by location. Customers should contact Cassidy’s Transfer and Storage LTD to confirm details of the container
- All specials displayed or otherwise advertised are based upon unit availability and unit size.