You may have heard of “rogue movers” who quote incredibly low prices over the phone, and then start adding on extra fees on move day when you’re stuck. They’ve also been known to hold belongings for ransom to ensure they get your money.
That’s not how Cassidy’s works.
We believe in accurate quotes, and to provide these we visit your home, confirm the amount of belongings you have, and then give you a written estimate.
The final cost of your move will be within 10% of the estimate (unless you change the conditions of the move – see the Conditions section below).
Long Distance Price Guarantee
We offer guaranteed prices on long distance moves, so you can budget appropriately.
For long distance and international moving, our price quotes are based on the weight of your belongings plus the distance of the move. Again, a moving consultant will need to visit your home, review your inventory with you, and provide a written estimate.
Guaranteed Estimates Available for Local Moves
We offer customers guaranteed prices on local moves on request.
Because our local moving services are billed at an hourly rate, many variables could influence the final cost of a move. While we don’t hold our customers responsible for things like bad weather or traffic jams, we need our customers to let us know everything that’s included in the move.
Conditions for Local Move Guaranteed Estimates
Here’s how to ensure your quoted price stays valid.
During the estimation visit by your consultant:
- Mention which large appliances you’re taking to your new home. Don’t forget the washer and dryer.
- Point out any antiques or fragile items that will need special packing or extra care.
- Don’t forget about items in garages, basements or storage lockers.
- Let us know what the load-in is like at the destination. For example, distance from where the truck can park to the entrance of your home, the number of floors, narrow stairs, etc.
Before moving day:
- Remember to pack everything you declared you want to pack yourself.
- Remember to move anything you wanted to move yourself.
- If you will need a freight elevator, please remember to book it, and have the contact information of the super just in case something goes wrong.
- Ensure any appliances you want us to move are prepared for transport. This guide to moving electronics and this guide to moving your appliances tells you how.
- Remember to disassemble beds and other furniture that require it.
- If you’re getting rid of that old couch or other belongings, please remember to do so before moving day. Unfortunately we can’t detour to the dump or a charity drop off on the way!
- If you have a workbench or large tool chests, remember they’re often too heavy to move with tools still inside them. Workbenches will need to be disassembled so they can fit through stairways. The tools will need to be removed and packed separately and safely.
- Similarly, large power tools need to be disassembled and made safe for our movers.
- Get rid of dangerous household materials like these. While Cassidy’s has a license to transport hazardous items, we’re fairly sure everyday people don’t want to pay for the safety equipment, filing a route plan with the Ministry of Transportation, and a police escort.
Creating a Win-Win for Your Moving Cost Estimate
You want an accurate price quote for your move, and we want to give you one. To do that, we need to have a clear picture of how much you’ll be moving.
Some customers want to keep costs down and ask for options like partial packing. Some even decide to pack everything themselves. But if you agree to these cost-cutting options, you need to follow through on your end to avoid additional fees.
Have questions about moving costs? Consult our FAQ page or ask for a free quote to get started. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.